The Youth TAsk Force
The Pend Oreille Youth Task Force is the sponsoring agency for the Biayakathon. We created the race as a fun way to create awareness for substance abuse. Check out our website for more information about what we do to help prevent youth from using drugs and alcohol: http://pendoreilleco.org/county/prevention.asp
Here are some resources to help if you have questions or concerns about Substance Abuse:
- Find Youth Info – a website that provides information on the elements of effective prevention programs, the core components of evidence-based prevention programs, and a program directory of up-to-date information for effective programs that address risk and protective factors related to substance abuse.
- http://www.drugfree.org/ - a website that provides information on prevention, intervention and treatment for substance abuse.
- StopBullying.gov – a website that contains comprehensive information about bullying prevention. Youth substance use and bullying have many risk and protective factors in common.
- Too Smart to Start – a website dedicated to helping youth, families, educators, and communities prevent underage alcohol use and its related problems.
- Stop Underage Drinking – a comprehensive portal of federal resources for information on underage drinking and ideas for combating this issue.
- Building Blocks for a Healthy Future – a website that provides parents, caregivers, and teachers of children aged 3 to 6 the opportunity to find lots of great tips, materials, and ideas for spending time with their children and learning together.
- http://www.preventionsummit.org/ - yearly prevention summit dedicated to youth substance abuse prevention.